Do you want to go on a vacation, go on a walk, or even take your cat to work but don’t know how to safely transport your beloved pet? Maybe you take your cat with you everywhere you go, because you don’t want to leave him home alone, but you just don’t know how to achieve that? A cat backpack is a great piece of pet gear that is not only safe for your cat but fits on you like a backpack, so you can take your feline friend with you wherever you want to go.
Here, we’ll talk about some features you may want to consider when deciding to purchase a cat backpack. We’ll also examine 10 of the most popular cat backpacks that can be conveniently shipped right to your door so you can be an informed pet owner when making your decision.
What Should You Look for When Purchasing a Cat Backpack?
As you may imagine, there are cat backpacks available for many different types of activities, functions, and sizes of cats. Largely, your decision should be based on what you’re going to use the backpack for. Listed below are some of the features you may need to consider when searching for a carrier backpack to purchase.
Size of the Carrier Backpack
The size of the carrier backpack you choose is one very important feature you want to pay attention to. If you have a smaller cat, you may not need an expensively big cat carrier backpack. If you have a larger cat, there are many options out there that are referred to as a fat cat backpack. It may cost a little more, but if you’ve got a large cat, then a larger cat carrier is going to be necessary when making your selection.
Types of Activities You’ll Use the Cat Carrier Backpack For
Another factor you may want to play a role in which backpack you choose is what types of activities you’ll be bringing your cat along with. If you are only walking around a city or doing some sort of shopping with your cat, you likely won’t need a rugged backpack that has a chest buckle and a lot of mesh windows. You may opt for something instead that has one mesh side or even something like a bubble backpack instead. However, if you are going backpacking, camping, or doing strenuous activities with your cat, it may be necessary to invest a little more money into the cat backpack. It would be wise to choose a pet backpack that has a waist strap, a chest strap, lots of mesh windows, or even an adjustable strap set so that your cat can not only be as secure as possible but have plenty of fresh air when traveling about with you.
Structure of the Cat Backpack
The structure of a cat backpack is another feature you’re going to want to pay close attention to. You’re going to want to choose a pet backpack that has strong bottom supports that aren’t too hard or uncomfortable for your cat, and you’ll also want to choose something that is made with flexible materials without being too flimsy.
Material the Cat Carrier Is Constructed With
The material that a cat backpack carrier is constructed with is something that shouldn’t be overlooked. Some cat carriers have hard, outer shells made from a material like plastic and soft, cloth, inner walls. High-quality cat carriers may even have a special kind of cloth on the inside called oxford cloth, which is not only strong and durable but is waterproof. This ensures that the inside of your pet carrier stays dry and has a comfortable temperature for your cat.
Comfortability You May Need From A Cat Backpack
Last, but definitely not least, you should consider your own comfort when choosing a cat backpack! You’ll likely want to find a cat backpack that has an adjustable shoulder strap, a padded shoulder strap, chest buckle, and maybe even a waist strap. These features not only help secure the backpack to you so it’s not wobbling all over the place, but it helps take the weight of the backpack off of just your shoulders. The best backpacks available that you can buy for yourself are ones that are comfortable for you and for your cat, so both of you are happy and in good moods. If your cat is comfortable, they are even more likely to be on their best ‘cat behavior’!
Different Cat Backpack Carriers
Now that you have a better idea of some of the features that a cat backpack may have that you want to look for, here are 10 of the most popular and best cat backpack options on the market.
Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack
The Lollimeow Pet Carrier Backpack is one of the most popular pet backpacks on the market, and for good reason. There are tons of features that this bubble backpack has, including:
- A transparent bubble your fur baby can see through
- Being built out of waterproof material
- The backpack is easy to clean out
- It is multi-use and can be used for shopping as well as more rough and tough activities like hiking
- There is an adjustable shoulder strap, an adjustable chest strap, and an adjustable waist strap
- It is durable, yet lightweight
- It has tons of mesh panels and holes in order to create the highest quality airflow so your pet gets fresh air
There are a few different varieties of the Lollimeow Pet Carrier backpack, ranging from $39.99 to $44.99 on Amazon. If you’re interested in looking at customer reviews or purchasing this pet carrier, click this link to learn more.
Henkelion Cat Backpack Carrier
The Henkelion Cat Backpack Carrier is another highly rated cat backpack carrier. This bubble backpack has more than just a huge bubble for your cat to see out of. Although it doesn’t have chest straps or waist straps, it comes equipped with these features:
- Padded shoulder straps
- 9 holes of varying sizes for increased fresh airflow
- A removable fleece liner
- A leash inside to prevent your cat from escaping
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- A weight capacity for up to 10 pounds
- Different colors including purple, red, pink, blue, green, gray, and black
- Many more
Currently, the Henkelion Cat Backpack Carrier has one size option available. Its listed price on Amazon is $39.99. Check it out here if you’re interested in it!
Pecute Cat Backpack Carrier
Although a little more expensive than the other cat backpack carriers we’ve looked at so far, the Pecute Cat Backpack Carrier is like luxury for your cat. Check out these neat features that the Pecute carrier has:
- Oxford cloth, which keeps the container lightweight and waterproof
- A latch that allows for the backpack to be expanded so your cat can comfortably crawl around when not on your back
- Two storage pockets for cat waste bags and other essentials
- A safety strap to attach to your cat’s collar to prevent her from escaping
- Adjustable, padded shoulder straps for human comfort
- Multiple zippers allow for the complete collapse of the carrier when not being used
- Lots of mesh windows for fresh air flow and so your cat can see what’s going on outside
- Capacity to hold larger cats, up to 18 pounds
The Pecute Cat Backpack Carrier is $54.99 on Amazon. Although more expensive than its competitors, there are multiple extra features that other pet backpack carriers don’t have, plus the extra durable material throughout the entire carrier. There are multiple positive reviews of this cat backpack carrier that can be viewed here.
Texsens Pet Backpack Carrier
The Texsens Pet Backpack Carrier is a very durable, yet comfortable pet backpack carrier for your cat. From the back, it looks like a normal backpack with features such as padded shoulder straps that are also adjustable, a spongey back that makes the backpack breathable to humans as well as cats, pockets on the outside of the carrier for food, treats, or other pet essentials, and many cool colors.
When turning the backpack around, you’ll notice many other components, meant of course for your cat! These include:
- An expansion slot that rolls up and snaps in place when not in use (NOTE: there is a version of this pet backpack carrier that doesn’t have the expansion slot, which is slightly cheaper)
- Complete mesh windows are made out of durable materials except for the frame
- A weight capacity for up to 15 pounds of fluff
- A safety lock to keep your pet in place
- A removable, washable fleece pad to keep your cat comfortable and clean
One final feature of this backpack carrier is that its nimble frame and multiple mesh walls allow for it to be completely collapsible when you don’t need it, for easy storage and retrieval!
There are two main versions of the Texsens Pet Backpack Carrier, one with the expansion slot and one without. The expansion slotted cat backpack runs for $36.99 on Amazon and the one without the expansion slot runs for $26.99 on Amazon. Click here to find out more about the expansion slot cat backpack and the backpack without the expansion slot. You can see what the expansion slot Texsens backpack looks like below!
PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack
The PetAmi Deluxe Pet Carrier Backpack is so much more than just a backpack. In addition to the deluxe pet carrier, if you decide to purchase this cat carrier, you’ll get a collapsible pet bowl for water or food and an identification tag in case you get separated from your cat.
Besides the add-ons, there are multiple features that this pet carrier has on the outside and on the inside, including:
- 4 different ways to allow your cat to come and go from the bag
- Chest straps and waist straps
- 5 different safety buckles to ensure the safety of your car
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Multiple mesh windows that allow fresh air to flow in and out of the cat backpack
- Lined bedding that is removable, allowing for easy cleaning and cat comfortability
This pet carrier is reasonably priced at $39.99 and comes in a variety of colors, including navy, black, charcoal, heather gray, purple, red, and turquoise. You can check out the carrier and its reviews by clicking this link.
Apollo Walker Pet Carrier Backpack
The Apollo Walker is another excellent choice for a pet carrier backpack that you can choose from. It comes in multiple colors too, including black, light blue, navy blue, pink, teal, and gray. Functional features of the Apollo Walker Pet Carrier Backpack include:
- A collapsible design for easy storage and retrieval
- An adjustable chest strap
- An adjustable waist strap
- Adjustable shoulder straps that are also padded
- A sponge-like, breathable backing
- 2 side pockets for any essentials
- Mesh, open siding for cat breathability
- Soft padding for cat comfortability
- A safety leash to prevent your cat from escaping
The price of the Apollo Walker Pet Carrier Backpack falls right in line with many of the other cat backpacks we’ve examined so far. This one retails for $39.98 on Amazon and can be found here.
Petrip Pet Backpack Carrier
The Petrip Pet Backpack Carrier is one of the most heavy-duty pet carriers on this list. It can hold cats that are up to 20 pounds, making it an excellent choice for people who have larger cats and small cats alike. Here are some more of the neat features it has:
- An expandable pack that is completely ventilated with mesh
- Large mesh side panels and holes to allow for proper air ventilation
- Durable fabric that is scratch resistant and waterproof
- A satisfaction guarantee for the material it is made out of
- Padded shoulder straps for your comfort
- A chest buckle
- High-quality zippers so your cat can’t easily break out of it
- Approval for most major airlines
The Petrip Pet Backpack Carrier is quite reasonably priced for the durability and heavy-duty features that it has. On Amazon, this cat backpack is sold for $36.99. You can find reviews and more information about this backpack here.
Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack
The Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack is a lot simpler and less involved than some of the other cat carriers we have looked at so far. This cat backpack is meant for light travel, shopping, and maybe light walks. Instead of being a traditional backpack, it features backpack-like adjustable straps, padding, and four holes for your cat’s legs to go through. The way this cat backpack works is your cat is placed sitting up inside the carrier, the carrier is zipped, adjusted, and finally buckled up.
There are not many features that are similar to other cat backpacks as this is a simplified version meant for light traveling. It does include a thick inside sponge, fabric-covered elastic, and wider straps meant for the utmost comfort for your cat.
Because the Pawaboo Pet Carrier Backpack is a simpler cat backpack, its price is cheaper than some other models. It retails for $26.99 on Amazon, and can be found here.
Halinfer Expandable Pet Carrier Backpack
The Halinfer Expandable Pet Carrier Backpack is a classic bubble backpack for your cat. It has a huge, open front with nine different breathing holes so your cat can not only see everything around him but have fresh air flowing throughout the carrier. It is also expandable, hence the name, so your cat has some free roaming space while you’re not walking around with him. Some other features it has includes:
- A chest strap
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- A weight capacity for up to 12 pounds
- Lightweight, yet durable materials throughout the whole pet carrier
- Airline approval from many major airlines
- Two easy entrance and exit holes for your cat
The price of the Halinfer Pet Backpack falls right in line with most of the other pet backpacks we’ve looked at so far. It retails for $42.99 on Amazon and comes in many fun colors such as black, turquoise, pink, a Pokemon pattern, and a space cats pattern. You can look at all the styles and specifications of the Halinfer Pet Backpack here.
PetKit Pet Backpack Carrier
The last excellent choice for cat backpacks is the PetKit Pet Backpack Carrier. Like the Halinfer Backpack, this model also features a bubble backpack design, which allows for your cat to be secured in place while allowing her to look out the window. Its outer shell looks a bit different and features many vents to allow for ventilation on the front and sides of it. Its built from eco-friendly materials and has an ergonomic design. Additionally, the PetKit Pet Backpack Carrier has these features:
- Rear mesh openings for 360-degree airflow
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- The ability to add on a fan and light for your cat (by purchasing the power bank separately)
- High-density wool for your cat’s comfort
- A 1-year warranty in case anything goes wrong
This Pet Backpack Carrier is the most expensive option on this list, retailing at $69.99 on both Amazon and PetKit’s personal website. However, if you’re looking for extra features such as lights and fans, this would be an excellent choice for you. You can click this link in order to read consumer reviews and look at more in-depth pictures of the carrier.
We hope you were able to learn a lot about the best cat backpacks out there. There are so many options to choose from when looking to purchase the best cat carrier. Although you may need to do some research first and determine what your needs are as a cat owner, you’re sure to find a carrier option out there that will work for you and your furry friend.